Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Keeping Up with Nikki

It's officially been two whole weeks of being back on track. I'm seriously proud of myself. This struggle is becoming less of a struggle and more of a "just gotta do it". Yesterday I actually got up at 5:30 to work out before my Dr. Carter appointment at 7:30, so I wouldn't miss one day. The difference between now and before is that I'm not being as hard core about my food right now. That was making me crazy. Honestly, I think the focus I had on the food intake was what made me go completely off track. The second I ate something I wasn't supposed to, I just gave up. This time I'm not going to be as hard on myself about it. I'm working out, and that's all I'm worried about for now.

As for the rest of this list, I'm midway through reading I am Legend, another book on my list. I'm writing again, which has been immensely beneficial for my state of mind lately. A lot of stress at work has made me kind of grouchy. The writing and exercising has made that stress a lot easier to deal with.

I'm looking forward to Christmas. Heading back to Nebraska on the 21st. Not sure yet if that's a good or a bad thing, but I'll let you know. Hopefully the world doesn't end on my way there... I know a video blog is in order shortly. Keep an eye out!

No comments:

Post a Comment