Sunday, August 19, 2012

That was humbling.

This one is going to be short. I couldn't fit on the hulk ride. I didn't know I was that big until this moment. I told myself I would be honest on this blog and this is about as honest as I have ever been. I'm really struggling to keep the tears in. How did I let myself get to this point? It wasn't that I was too big to actually go on the ride, it was that I had to switch to the seat with a longer seat belt and my ass barely made it into the bucket seat. To the point where I actually felt pain throughout the entire ride. Guess I was looking for motivation to get started, and it just hit me smack in the face. My weight has now impacted my ability to enjoy one of my favorite things... Tomorrow is a new day. I can do this. I can't afford not to.

3 comments:

  1. YES YOU CAN DO THIS- and You will.
    Bless your wonderful loving heart- that's the biggest part of you sweetheart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki,

    I think it's amazing that you're actually taking a step to try to solve an issue. I'm sure you'll be able to accomplish this goal because of your determination and mentality. I'm super happy you'll be taking this journey; no, it won't be easy, but it will be one worth taking. Don't forget you have people around you that love you for who you are and that are willing to move mountains for you. I'm so glad I met you back in October and that we'd been able to be friends. You're someone I admire and someone I can be fully open to, and to me, that's something special.

    Love you,

    Ricky R.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nikki,
    I regret not getting to know you better during your time at 1516. From the short time I spent with you I knew you were a spectacular person & potentially a great friend.
    I respect you immensely for this post.
    There are moments of harsh realities in life that are those literal "slaps in the face".
    Cry and get it out of your system.
    Then harness that emotion & use it to motivate you.
    You are a strong woman & I look forward to reading more about your progress. You can do this. I know it.
    xoxoxo
    Casey

    ReplyDelete