Friday, August 17, 2012

Two more days...

It's getting closer and closer. It's really quite hard to believe that I'm only two days away from starting this crazy journey. The overall idea started about a year and a half ago. I was two weeks away from heading to Bora Bora with the Kardashians (yes, THOSE Kardashians), and it was my first time leaving the country. It occurred to me then that at 27 years old, I hadn't experienced anything of the things I had planned to. I told my mom that I was going to start changing my life by no longer fearing the unknown. I did something crazy on that trip that I still don't believe I actually experienced. I swam in that big ass ocean with sharks and rays swimming right next to, below, and all around me. It was insane. But the thrill of doing something I had feared my entire life was overwhelming. And from that moment on, this project went into development. Basically, I spent a year and a half putting it off.

Cut to a few months ago, I said to myself, "Nikki, it's time. You're about to be 29 years old. Get it done."

So, here we are. Two days away from taking on the biggest thing I have ever, or will ever do. I'm scared out of my mind. I'm terrified of failure. My hope is that fear will only spur me on, and that a year from now, I'll be sitting down to write about how proud I am of myself for accomplishing everything I set out to do.

Two more days...

No comments:

Post a Comment